Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year, New News - Aren't You Excited?!

First, let me start by wishing all of you a Happy New Year! Personally, I'm not a big believer in the "new year, new you" mentality; I rarely reflect on the last 365 days, and I don't make New Year's Resolution that I'll inevitably end up breaking away. Perhaps I should start. To me, the New Year is just a confusing time where I constantly write/type the wrong year for several weeks. Then we all get into the swing of things and say "yeah, it's 2010, so what?"

However, I noticed a huge flux in facebook status updates (the be-all, end-all of public sentiment, of course) generally stating something to the effect of: "thank GOD 2009 is over. What a shit year." That actually got me thinking and I realized... why yes, 2009 was kind of shit. The economy basically gave up and committed suicide in January (along with several celebrities throughout the year... oooh... too soon?), a sadly alarming number of my friends don't have jobs, and Tiger Woods - Tiger WOODS - cheated on his wife. What is the world coming to??

Seriously, though - 2009 wasn't the best year for mankind, and I think most of us can agree this year would be hard-pressed to be worse. I hope I didn't just jinx us...

Alright, enough about the New Year. With regard to the blog, you can expect more snarky commentary or the music and gaming industries, and plenty of news. I will try and be more diligent and scheduled with my blog postings.... law practice tends to get in the way of that sometimes. Stupid job...

No comments: